Saturday, January 4, 2014

New Year = Out with the Old, in with the New!

...And so... I am finally bidding farewell to my LIVESTRONG wristband. You know the one... the one that cheating/winning bicyclist Lance Armstrong wore. Yeah, THAT one. The yellow rubbery wristband.

I've worn mine since like... I'll say the summer of 2004. When it first hit the scene... Man! Everybody was wearing one! I swear, I think I even remember a story on Entertainment Tonight talking about how it was a celebrity craze. Uh huh. Well, I'm not Ms. Bobby Trendy, so I didn't start wearing it because celebrities were wearing it. I just happen to like "jewelry" on my wrist; I knew about the wristband and I really supported the cause -- or I supported what it represents (represented?) which is? was? finding a cure for cancer.

And despite Liar, Liar, Lance on fire's admittance that he'd been enhancing his performances, I wasn't turned off enough to disown and discard my wristband -- because, as some of us still see it -- Lance may have cheated, but he really DID do a lot for raising money for cancer research, AND, I'm personally still impressed with his own ability to BEAT cancer, so...

But anyway, I'm retiring my wristband. Moving on to something else!
 
Follow on Twitter!